Volunteers are always welcome!
We depend on volunteers to run our Special Events, such as the Phone-a-thon, Humanitarian Award Dinner, and Golf Tournament. Please contact Director of Development Lisa Keogh at firstname.lastname@example.org or 914-666-8069 ext 112 to volunteer at a specific event or to sign up for an event committee.
Working with our Club Members
Because we are serious about our responsibility for the children in our care, all volunteers who will be working directly with children are required to undergo a thorough screening process, following the guidelines set by the Office of Children and Family Services.
Volunteers are welcome in the following program areas:
- Social Programs – Mentors are needed for career guidance, college preparation, and to help practice job and college interview skills.
- Educational Program – Volunteers are needed for tutoring, homework help, and general assistance in classrooms.
- Kids Café – Volunteer instructors in the area of nutrition and health are needed.
- Arts Program – Volunteer instructors for art, photography, music, dance and drama are needed to help kick off our new, enhanced arts education program.
- Recreational Programs – Coaches, scorekeepers, and referees are needed for basketball and other sports leagues.
Join a Committee
The Boys & Girls Club of Northern Westchester also encourages members of the community, especially people who might be interested in joining our Board of Directors, to serve on one of the following Board committees:
The Marketing and Communications Committee develops and carries out a year-round marketing program that interprets the activities, purpose and needs of the Boys & Girls Club and makes use of all available media – speakers, exhibits, press, radio and television.
The Program Committee assists the Executive Director and staff in developing effective program services. It approves the yearly program goals and explores and recommends new programs.
The Property Management Committee assures the overall satisfactory condition of the facilities, furnishings and grounds of the Boys & Girls Club. The committee is responsible for a comprehensive plan for facility maintenance and equipment replacement, and utilizes expert advice concerning technical building and maintenance problems.
If you are interested in joining a Board committee, please contact Executive Director Brian Skanes at email@example.com or 914-666-8069 ext 105.